High standards and ongoing professional development are qualities that underpin the ourSRE program.
OurSRE Teachers must meet specific, ongoing requirements because we believe young people deserve the highest standard of Christian religious education.
In line with this, ourSRE Teachers
- Must undergo regular teacher reviews, initially within the first six months of employment and then annually;
- Are required to attend professional development and Generate training events;
- Must have a Diploma of Theology qualification or higher, or be enrolled as a trainee;
- Must have completed basic SRE Accreditation training;
- Will have a current NSW Working With Children check number and must show evidence of recent church-based Child Protection training;
- Have access to a regional SRE Adviser who provides additional support;
- Are required to sign assent to the Nicene Creed and the Scripture Union Statement of Belief.
For further information about becoming an SRE Teacher, click here.