If you’re a motivated Christian who would like to help high school students understand the Bible and the Christian faith, consider becoming a Generate SRE Teacher.
This is a paid ministry position, and there are some minimum requirements you’re required to meet in order to be considered for the role.You’ll be expected to maintain a high, professional standard and undertake training and reviews as required. In return, you’ll receive professional development opportunities, and support and encouragement from an allocated SRE Advisor and the Generate SRE community.
Following are the minimum requirements for employment as an SRE Teacher:
- You’ll need to be an active member of a Christian church that is also a recognised provider of SRE;
- You’ll need to undertake (or have undertaken) a NSW Working with Children Check and provide evidence of church-based Child Protection training within the past three years;
- You must have an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Theology (or equivalent or higher, from a Generate-approved training institution - ask us for recognition of completed studies) or be enrolled as a trainee on the job (if you need to enrol and study part time, the minimum rate is 3 subjects every four semesters, though more is advisable if possible);
- You’ll need to sign to confirm your agreement with the Nicene Creed and the Scripture Union Statement of Belief;
- You’ll need to complete, or have completed, basic SRE Accreditation training required of all SRE Teachers, whether voluntary or paid; and you’ll be required to undergo regular teacher reviews; within the first six months of employment, and then every three years.
If you are interested this rewarding ministry please take a look at our positions vacant or contact us.